Okay, lets use ICU and 10.3 as is some time more...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 27 21:00:03 CDT 2006

Hi All,

I have spend few days port from C++ ICU to C ICU in hope to get more simple
configuration for all us.

Instead small trap -- absent of regex C function in OS X 10.3 become show
stopper. Attempt to workaround this trap will only add troubles.

So it is reasonable to say:

* we have made GOOD step to C API.
    this is required step in any case.

* some code have become more clean
* some code have become improved.

* we have prepare self for next step when OS X will be ready.

* we have prepare self for next step tp get Valentina-All-In-One
    as on MAC so on Windows.

* after 2.4 release I will work mainly on text-related issues in all
regards. Including try compile is STATIC library and reduce its default size

Future we will consider what is better for all us:

    a) Valentina ADKS as now
        + new line Valentina Lite (all in one with some disabled features,
            e.g. -XML -PAINTLIB

or

    b) Valentina All in one without limits only ICU reduced in size
        + new line Valentina ADK ADVANCED with VComponents as now + more.

Okay, now I need finish polishing of our tests with new String class.