Stan's slow problem -- NEW BUILD of 2.4 b10

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Jun 2 16:06:32 CDT 2006

On 6/2/06 2:37 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Stan,

> I have been looking at that but most queries start looking for record
> in a date range.

My main concern was that all your N queries do the same search on that
boolean fields. Point is that if you use Sets, you can do that searches only
once before loop and keep that sets to be used in loops many times.

> myField.FindRange( True, "03/01/2006", "03/31/2006", True )
>
> is that valid?

I think yes

> or should it be like in the EXPLAIN log (and Kem Tekinay Apr 21, 2005
> messages):
>
> myField.FindRange( True, "03/01/2006 00:00:00:000", "03/31/2006
> 00:00:00:000", True )

This is DateTime I think

> Is that format for VDateTime and VDate or VDateTime only?

> Also is there a way to SUM a field with that or should I go thru all
> VSet records?

> And for Count? I don't see in the doc. a VSet.Count but I guess it
> exists right?

1) do you ask about SELECT COUNT(f)  or about Vset.Count ?

        Vset.Count as Integer - exists such property

2) I think you ask about SQL aggregate functions SUM(), COUNT(), AVG(),
    yes?  I am sure we have in C++ kernel methods for this ..
    but they are not simple to open for SQL.

We need to think how to optimize your loop.
Please show me very detailed what you do in that loop.