V4CC - Cocoa examples problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jun 1 09:15:23 CDT 2006

On 6/1/06 7:47 AM, "Dave Parizek" <dave at Parizek.com> wrote:

> I did have a quick design question though.  You have a Valentina
> Cursor, and you feed it to an Array controller so you can use
> bindings to feed the tableview.  Does that mean the data is being fed
> into the cursor plus also into an array for the array controller?

No, data are not copied into RAM, like this do REALbasic.

> Wouldn't it be faster / less memory if it were possible to have the
> cursor and the tableview connect to each other directly without the
> addition of the array?

I believe this exactly happens in background of binding.

> Or is bindings just such a great thing the  additional overhead (if such
> exists, I may just not be understanding  how things work) is worth it?

Looks to be :)

In fact idea of binding is very simple. This is a contract.
Contract between our classes (V4CC in this case) and Cocoa.
In this contract we promise name special functions in special way.
So Cocoa can self find them and call.