[V4RB] 24b22 Non-encryption of Blobs

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 28 12:48:59 CDT 2006

V4RB 24b22, OS X.4.7, XP Home, RB 2006r3

I've noticed that the .blb (BLOB) file of a fully encrypted (structure and
recs) db in Mode 4 is not encrypted; is this by design or a glitch?

Mode 4 for a db separates components into 4 different files: 1 for
indexes(*.ind), 1 for data (*.dat), 1 for structure(*.vdb), and 1 for BLOB
(*.blb) data.

All the files except for the .blb file appear to be encrypted when viewed in
a text editor.

The reason why I wonder if this might be by design is that if the other
three files in the set are encrypted, perhaps it's not necessary to encrypt
the binary data in the .blb file?

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC