[ANN] V4RB mac + win 2.4b21 -- LAZY OPEN implemented!

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 22 12:37:24 CDT 2006

On 7/22/06 10:33 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   http://paradigmasoft.com/en/products/download/beta
>
> This build for those developers who have see slow db.open.
>
> Now must be instantaneous (although I have no such db to test with :-)
> Russ, please give me feedback asap.
>
> Also please test all with your projects, because this is danger change in
> kernel... Can be bugs...although all our 25000 tests are OK.

Ruslan,

Db.Open() is returning swiftly on Win XP (hurray!) but queries are returning
wrong results or are causing app to crash.  Also on OS X.  This db passes
Diagnose on Vstudio 24b16 without problem.  This is probably just queries
that require one or more JOINS that are causing bad results.  Single table
queries seem to be running ok.

(I also tested vServer b20 this morning and got strange results. Yet, in
local mode, app ran fine. So, there is something I have to work out here.)

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC