[ANN] V4RB mac 2.4 b15 uploaded.

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jul 10 18:16:12 CDT 2006

Hi Ruslan,

>> * It fixes bug 0001678 - thank you!
>
> Ok, so I will simple close it.

Thank you!

>> * Bug 0001676 isn't quite fixed.  I don't get the VarCharFile errors, but
>> the database is still reported as damaged by DIAGNOSE.
>
> Impossible .... 3 days of hunting and still not here ?! :-(

Sorry :-(

>> To see this, run the original test project for 0001676, as attached in
>> mantis.  If you insert 100,000 records, then the database is damaged all the
>> way through the process, until you close and then open it again. Once you
>> open it again, DIAGNOSE reports no errors.
>
> I have try 1000 and 10,000.
>
> Okay, then I will try 100,000 also.

Yes, it works with no problems with 1,000 or 10,000 records.  But 100,000 or
more records, and this new problem occurs:

Table: sysItemDescription

==========> Field: Kind , type Long
==========> IndexFile
PAGE (0, 0) Inventory pages OK.
Index Inventory pages OK.

PAGE (3, 2) OK.
OK.
All right!  ( IndexFile )

All right!  ( Field: Kind , type Long )

==========> Field: ColumnName , type VarChar
==========> IndexFile
PAGE (0, 0) Inventory pages OK.
Index Inventory pages OK.

PAGE (3, 2) At least one value counter is wrong. Values have wrong order.
Lists have wrong order.

Problems found!  ( IndexFile )

.....> VarCharFile

All right!  ( VarCharFile )

Problems found!  ( Field: ColumnName , type VarChar )

==========> Field: ColumnType , type Byte

All right!  ( Field: ColumnType , type Byte )

==========> Field: ParentPtr , type ObjectPtr
==========> IndexFile
PAGE (0, 0) Inventory pages OK.
Index Inventory pages OK.

PAGE (3, 2) OK.
OK.
All right!  ( IndexFile )

All right!  ( Field: ParentPtr , type ObjectPtr )

Problems found!  ( Table: sysItemDescription )

*