[Vstudio] pictures added. More ideas?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Jan 19 11:23:16 CST 2006

On 1/19/06 10:53 AM, "Jochen Peters" <j.peters at valentina-db.de> wrote:

>> So for DataBrowser it show info about DATA which I browse now.
>>
>> For example here can be drawn small diagram of links between top and
>> bottom tables
>>
>>> LinkInfo:
>>
>>         +---------+                 +---------+
>>         |   T1    | 1     Link   M  |   T2    |
>>         +---------+                 +---------+
> Yes - very good! Fully agree!
>
>>> Pictures Preview
>>
>>         --------------
>>         |            |
>>         |            |
>>         |            |
>>         |            |
>>         |            |
>>         --------------
>>
>>> I really RECOMMEND to create a new PICTURE BROWSER window for this!!
>>
>>> Property Inspector is floating pane for property manipulation - it should
>>> NOT show any database content! Please provide seperate window for
>>> pictures!!!!
>>
>> You can think about it as NEW window.
>>
>> When you switch between Schema and Data Browsers the Inspector window
>> Change contents. I think very logical and comfortable.
>
> But not for CONTENT e.g. pictures!

> One reason is formal: Metadata versus content

Religious issue :-)

> another reason: Property inspector is floating palette -> never used for
> data elsewhere.

Moment.

Many MacOS apps open drawer on right side to show preview.
For example Path Finder.

> More important point: With a seperate new window it will be more logical
> like DataBrowser now - because people then can easy open
> SEVERAL picture browsers! For example: This makes it easy to compare
> pictures in table1 with pictures in table2 !

I see point, also this bring mess.

You need to have 2 DataBrowsers opened.
And 2 Picture Browser opened.

> Another reason: Property inspector now always shows properties of
> CURRENT SELECTED object. This would break if we show pictures for
> ALL records - but only ONE is selected as current.

RIGHT!

Note Picture Browser show pictures of CURRENT record in DataBrowser.

Let your table have 20 fields, and 3 of them are pictures.
(I think in most cases people have table with one picture field only).

So our idea was
    - show this group "Preview".
    - user can close/open it
    - if group is closed then no need spend time to show them.

For that table I can see 3 picture by vertical.

-------
You know, Adobe for example, allow you drag out floating panels, and collect
together as you want ... Just a point...

Just I not very like idea to have more windows...

In any case guys can for now implement it on Inspector windows,
Move it to new window will be easy.