[V4RB] Database file named '$$Testfile$$' and extention not honored

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Mon Jan 16 13:01:59 CST 2006

Hi,

>> Just tested, same problem. The file is named '$$Testfile$$' during
>> database creation, get Valentina default icon, doesn't honor the file
>> extention I have provided.
>
> Does this means that ONLY this name of db cause problems? Dbs with
> normal names get correct icons, right ?

The '$$Testfile$$' is not mine. It is a name set by Valentina during
creation. I name my file 'myFile.myext'

> You mean that your app use classes and execute mydb.Create() takes
> minutes
> to create empty db? Please send us this project with this create
> function.
>
> Stan, you sure that Debug Level is disabled?

Yes, I use the same code on the Mac and on the PC. On the Mac a
couple of seconds to create an empty file. On the PC a couple of
minutes. I did not change the code for a while. It was working really
fine during beta cycle. It has started to behave that way very
recently. I juste use a standard Create command with my set of
classes. On the PC it is completely unusable for all my projects.

For logging I use:

   #if DebugBuild
     Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogErrors
   #else
     Valentina.DebugLevel = EVDebugLevel.kLogNothing
   #endif

Stan