[ANN] 2.1 fc4 uploaded.

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jan 3 11:56:05 CST 2006

On Jan 3, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> I would really like to move the VComponents files (on Mac and Win)
>> into my regular directory structure.
>
> I think you can right now
>
> V4REV is MACHO.
>
> Note, that right now you install Vcomponents inside of Rev.app
> package.
> Right ?

Yes.

> Just COPY VComponents into build of YOUR app package.
>
> Actually this is the only way to deploy Revolution + V4REV2 made apps.

This I can do without problem.

The ideal would be that I could have a structure like this on Windows:

./Myapp.exe
./Resources (folder)
./Resources/externals/V4REV_win.dll
./Resources/externals/VComponents/

My apps are designed so that they can update themselves over the
internet without quitting the application.  The exe is a stub
executable that launches the Revolution stack files found in the
"Resources" folder.  Sometimes the "Resources" folder is located in
the same directory as the application (Program Files/My App).  Other
times it might be located in an area that a non-admin user has write
access to.

Being able to keep all Valentina files neatly organized in the
Resources folder and in an area that is writable by non-admin users
would be very beneficial.  Being able to call the following would be
very nice:

Valentina_SetVComponentsPath "C:/Path/ToResources/Vcomponents/Folder/"

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com