[ANN] V4RB MACHO uploaded 2.2 b6

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Feb 2 14:36:00 CST 2006

Hi Ruslan,

> Note, V4RB.rbx in fact contains 3 plugins!  Carbon, Macho and Windows.

Okay.  What I meant was that I am using the plugin from the new MachO 2.2b6
archive.

> Hmm, so RELEASE app do not work also for you ?

Unfortunately not.  After building the application, I put the components in
MyApp.App/Contents/VComponents/ - is this right?  It didn't work.

> Frankly saying I have not catch yet way which you describe.

Sorry!  It may not even be possible, but it sounded good :-)  I'll explain
further.

>> I see what you mean about the debug application.  Would my original idea
>> work?  That is, can the plugin:
>>
>> * Call REALInDebugMode() to see if it is in debug or not
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is function from RB SDK ?

Yes.  (I have done some plugin development myself before, for MachO and
Win32.)

>> * if it is in debug, then the plugin looks for its MachO dylibs in the same
>> folder as the debug app's bundle
>> * if it is not in debug, then it looks for the MachO dylibs inside the built
>> app's bundle
>
> But plugin DO NOT search for dlls
>
> This job do MacOS itself using @executable_path

Right.  Can the path (relative to @executable_path) be defined by the plugn
at run-time?  I.e. Can it be set when the application runs, rather than when
you build the plugin?  I've only ever done this from within REALbasic using
declares and @executable_path, not from within Xcode in a plugin, so I don't
know if this is possible or not.

Something like this:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/MachOTopi