Cursor with arbitrary order

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 28 01:11:00 CST 2006

On 06/28/12 1:03 AM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:

>>> As for the problem -- I only get an error if I do an ORDER BY the
>>>  temp field. Other than that it seems to work. Unfortunately, it's the
>>>  ORDER BY that I really need! Are you sure it doesn't work with
>>>  cursors?
>>
>> I am not sure Jon.
>>
>> May you can try to use API way with this.
>>
>> e.g. Vtable.Sort()
>>

> Please explain a bit more.

> You mean make a temporary table with all
> of the fields of my original,

NO

> add a temporary field, populate the
> table, sort the table? And then do a search on it to be a cursor?
> Isn't that a lot of work? Or is there something easier?

You already have table.
You have made new tmp field and fill it.

Now you try do SELECT ... ORDER BY to get cursor. This is SQL way.
I think you always use it.
It create cursor.

API way is -- you do similar job, but with Sets and API methods.
It require more code. Yes.

May be better put bug into Mantis and wait for fix