Cursor with arbitrary order

jda jda at his.com
Wed Dec 27 17:30:37 CST 2006

>  > myCursor = nil
>>  myCursor = myDatabase.SQLSelect("select * from thereferences where id
>>  in " + s + " ORDER BY orderField", EVCursorLocation.kServerSide,
>>  EVLockType.kReadOnly)
>>
>>  The last query gives me the same error -- field 85 doesn't exist.
>>
>>  If I take out the "ORDER BY orderfield" it works (but of course is useless).
>
>You know, may be problem/bug is related to Cursors.
>
>We use TMP fields in engine algorithms. But I think we use them without
>cursors.

The page on fTemporary is here

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:vkernel:vfield:flags

As for the problem -- I only get an error if I do an ORDER BY the
temp field. Other than that it seems to work. Unfortunately, it's the
ORDER BY that I really need! Are you sure it doesn't work with
cursors?

Jon