Release Schedules and Feedback on Fixes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Dec 16 02:35:45 CST 2006

On 12/06/16 1:10 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

>> Yes this wish is clear.
>> But take into account this my reason which have keep me also to avoid this.
>>
>> 1) you say about YOUR app branches. Good. Clear.
>>     but you make and support this one app.
>>     so on your site exists only few archives:
>>
>>         1.0  -> 1.1  ->  1.2
>>         1.5
>
> I don't don't whether Joakim has one or more products but he is
> certainly only one of many developers affected by this. Ruslan, let
> me say it this way: Valentina is not a desktop application but a tool
> used by developers. This puts an extra burden on you as you need to
> content not only your product development but also our product
> development.

You are right. Dev tools are much harder, on the other hand we are lucky
that our users ARE developers but not dummies :-)

>> With Valentina we have about 15 archives of all products and ADKs in full
>> product line. It takes at least 5-6 hours to build all these archives using
>> at least 2 computers.
>>

> But if I am not mistaken, the core program is the same with some
> wrapper for each ADK. More or less. I know that this is a bit more
> complicated. You also must have a series of makefiles that are
> running the product production. Such a project begs for cvs. Such
> projects are what cvs was invented for.

Yes in ideal I should do one mouse click and go sleep :-)
    all archives self are compiled, compressed, uploaded to FTP.
    dream :-)

During last years one of main problems was fight with constant changes in
OUR tools that we use:
    CodeWarrior => xcode
    Visual 2003 => 2005
    PPC => Intel.

You all know how this is painful. We still build Valentina products in 4
different compilers:
        CW - V4MD
        xcode - rest MAC
        Visual 2003 |
        Visual 2005 | -> both on different Windows to not conflict.