Release Schedules and Feedback on Fixes

jda jda at his.com
Thu Dec 14 17:03:59 CST 2006

>We have found with Jon, that some of his troubles was because he did have
>users with 2.0 (!!!) dbs format made on PPC and they have move in September
>first time to INTEL using V4RB UB 2.4.3. Bug was in convert 2.0 -> 2.3.
>It is fixed now in 2.5 also.

Hi Ruslan,

Gee, 2.0 is not old at all. Remember, I distribute a consumer
application. I have users who still use versions based on V1.x that
may never upgrade to what I release now (or perhaps they will). The
life of a consumer app can be many years, and people expect to be
able to upgrade at any time without loss of data...

Of course bugs happen, that's not my point, just that it is not at
all surprising that I have users with older versions that need
support if/when they migrate to the latest and greatest version of my
app and Valentina.

Jon