Release Schedules and Feedback on Fixes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Dec 14 23:10:15 CST 2006

> I second this. With every incremental update of Valentina things that
> used to work break. At this point I'm upgrading hoping that existing
> bugs are fixed, but inevitably I find new ones.

Okay guys,
Sorry for delay on this thread.

What I can say ...

* Charles have found that sometimes problems come not only from Valentina
* Jon - right - here looks to be our bugs.

But, when you say - next incremental build of Valentina bring new bugs...

2.4.3 build of V4RB was NOT incremental. Right?

    * It have bring UNIVERSAL BINARY format
    * REALBasic itself have switch to UB
    * RB SDK was changed to UB

    * your users have start to use INTEL as NEVER BEFORE.
    * V4RB was moved from CodeWarrior projects to XCODE projects.

Wow...you name this "incremental" ?

In fact this was nice candidate for MAJOR release may be ?

------------
I want again underline next point.

We have set of tests which we grow constantly.
Each new bug fix - we "protect" by a new TEST.

This means that EACH NEW release of Valentina
DO NOT break our 30,000 tests.

Please listen this point.

This means that EACH "new" bug as you say, in fact is not a new one,
But is result of some other changes/conversions as switch to INTEL.

Of course exists tons of ways and possibilities for you and your users do
things. We often even do not have so many fantasy :-)