V4CC - Cocoa examples problem

sun2 sun2 at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 18 18:39:22 CDT 2006

Hi Dave,

> On the latest beta release of V4CC:
>
> Before I could get the tutorial example "Lesson 1" to work fine.  Now  it
> will not compile, it says "error: 'k4VCC_Storage_Disk'  undeclared".  It
> also says "warning: use '-fobjc-exceptions' to  enable Objective C
> exception syntax"

Oops, we have not checked the tutorial examples for a long time,
only the examples folder is up to date now.

Names of constants were changed.
For example 'k4VCC_Storage_Disk'  ->  'EVStorageType_kDisk'
If you want you can try to change these constants. (all constants are
described in V4CC_Types.h)

I will check the tutorial example and it will be up to date in the next
build.
Now please use just the example folder.

> I do not know if it is a problem with my installation, the examples,  or
> the fact that I have upgraded to XCode 2.4.

Maybe the real problem is in XCode 2.4,
though it is strange because 2.3 and 2.4 use gcc 4.0.

> Or it could be that I am an idiot because I cannot get the other  examples
> to work either, but not sure exactly how I am supposed to  set them up -
> which parts from Common folder to necessarily include.   If I double click
> on V4CC_Examples.xcodeproj then XCode comes up with  an error message
> saying it cannot be opened because it is missing its  project.pbxproj
> file.

Do you use V4CC 25b3?
Well, Halldor was abble to run the examples. Or he works only with
framework?!
Halldor, could you try to run V4CC_Examples.xcodeproj?

> I am a cocoa newbie so I assume I have things set up wrong.  I have  rerun
> the installer several times though.
>
> Do I need to add paths for additional folders or frameworks or  something?
> I see the V4CC framework in System/Library/Frameworks...

No, everything must work after installation.
Please, delete V4CC framework and install again. Now it must be in:
/Library/Frameworks

Serge