V4CC - Cocoa examples problem

Dave Parizek david at parizek.com
Fri Aug 18 10:18:12 CDT 2006

On the latest beta release of V4CC:

Before I could get the tutorial example "Lesson 1" to work fine.  Now
it will not compile, it says "error: 'k4VCC_Storage_Disk'
undeclared".  It also says "warning: use '-fobjc-exceptions' to
enable Objective C exception syntax"

I do not know if it is a problem with my installation, the examples,
or the fact that I have upgraded to XCode 2.4.

Or it could be that I am an idiot because I cannot get the other
examples to work either, but not sure exactly how I am supposed to
set them up - which parts from Common folder to necessarily include.
If I double click on V4CC_Examples.xcodeproj then XCode comes up with
an error message saying it cannot be opened because it is missing its
project.pbxproj file.

I am a cocoa newbie so I assume I have things set up wrong.  I have
rerun the installer several times though.

Do I need to add paths for additional folders or frameworks or
something?  I see the V4CC framework in System/Library/Frameworks...

Suggestions?

--Dave