V4RB/Vserver 241b1 Testing

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 11:48:53 CDT 2006

On 8/7/06 11:16 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 8/7/06 5:19 PM, "Russ Tyndall" <fitzbew at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> May I ask why?  For speed?  The former syntax works fine in my PEF builds.
>
> Yes for speed.
>
> Because you 3 times call the same function
>
> You do this even in loop. So win will be even more

Ok..I think I am slowly understanding..

Would such a syntax be better for *all* field types, or only certain field
types?  Wait...

The difference here must be that vCursor.Datefield().xxx incurs overhead
*each* time it is called...for Year, Month, Day -- 3x the same overhead. You
have said this, it is clear to me.

But vfield must call that overhead only once? And uses it for vCursor
operations.

So...this advice is only good for DateField and DateTimeField fields?

And would this advice change if we are UPDATING field values or merely
RETRIEVING field values?  I would guess both...

Probably most Valentina users already know this, they probably laugh at such
questions.

>> Of course, I want as much speed as possible but the Mach-o builds and the
>> PEF builds should perform the same, right?
>
> Of course.
>
> That was just advice for speed

Ok, great, then I will try and give you a simple project that duplicates
this problem that I have so far only seen in Mach-O builds.

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC