[V4RB] Win/Mac newbie issues

Schiller, Carsten C.Schiller at biovision-discovery.de
Tue Apr 11 16:12:38 CDT 2006

Sorry for changing the subject...

Ah, I see, yes this works now.

> > Update on that: Now (with your very latest beta) the issue went to
Windows
> > and no more Problems on Mac. This seems to be an endianess matter for
> > Mac-Host-Builds compilated for Windows (even with your examples, i.e.
> > Link_ObjectPtr_Recursion).
> Well, then please check 2.3 release, if still problem
> Enter into mantis issue, and decsribe steps how to reproduce.

Still happens with 2.3 release, if I build my Win-App on Mac I get these
problems. This happens even if I do the same with your
"Link_ObjectPtr_Recursion" example and look at the ParentPtr Fields which
get messed up. I'll try to get that Mantis-thing working for me (tried
before but until now it I seem to be registered but don't get notified or
activated).

> > Furthermore if I try to open a database built on Mac with the
> > Win-Compilation I get the error that the db is 2.3 (560)
> > but the current version is 2.0 (512).
>
> I think you have not latest WIN build.

Sounds good, but how can I? I delete VComponents from the
library/CFMSupport, the V4RB_2 folder from my bootdisk, install the
V4RB_2.mpkg and replace the plugin in my REALbasic plugins folder. Is there
anything I have to do to replace any Win-dlls or something to compile for
Windows?

> > convert_1_2 silently crashes
> Only with your db?
Yes, I don't have any other 1.x db.

> You have info: It have work before for your db?
The older releases of my app work with the same 1.x dbs, iow I can open
these dbs with Valentina 1.x.

> again: you need send your small db to Ivan. Or put into Mantis,
> after check with 2.3
The smallest db I can produce is ~2 MB, is that ok?

> Strange, even 1.x should work with bigger files than 2Gb
So this should be my fault then, thought this was related to RB limitations
perhaps.

Thanks for your patience, Carsten