[V2RB]

Schiller, Carsten C.Schiller at biovision-discovery.de
Tue Apr 11 13:33:52 CDT 2006

Hi!

Finally I started to move our projects to V2 and after spending some time
with renaming and reading the archive there are some questions remaining. We
are developing with REALbasic on Mac for Mac and Windows Targets and go the
'classes way' with some quite large databases using ObjectPtr fields etc.

- If I use the 'official' release (2.2) REALbasic doesn't recognize the
baseclasses (VDataBase etc). I found some reports about this, but without a
solution. With the betas it works, but I would prefer not to use a beta for
the release versions of our product.

- In my Mac databases it looks like like some values get confused and I
can't read back the stored data (looks allmost like an endianess problem).
On Windows this is no issue.
Update on that: Now (with your very latest beta) the issue went to Windows
and no more Problems on Mac. This seems to be an endianess matter for
Mac-Host-Builds compilated for Windows (even with your examples, i.e.
Link_ObjectPtr_Recursion).
Furthermore if I try to open a database built on Mac with the
Win-Compilation I get the error that the db is 2.3 (560) but the current
version is 2.0 (512).

- The convert_1_2 method crashes without a sign in the examples with the
latest beta as well as latest Valentina Studio (trial version) with our 1.x
databases.

- Is there an easy way to switch between 2 Valentina plugin versions (i.e.
if I want to use 2.2 for releases and do some testing with the betas) on Mac
or do I have to delete and reinstall everytime?

- With 1.x I allways had a limit of 2 GB for database size. Was that my
fault and if not, did that change with V2/RB2k6:-?

Hope I was asking half-way understandable:)
Cheerio, Carsten