[ANN] V4RB, V4MD, Vserver MAC 2.3 b8 uploaded

jda jda at his.com
Tue Apr 4 19:46:49 CDT 2006

>  > All the databases with this varChar problem were created with b3 or
>>  earlier. I'm wondering if it was fixed in b4, when you simplified
>>  varchar fields. Also, as I wrote to you off-list, I wonder if there
>>  really is no problem, but that diagnose in b8 is wrong.
>
>I will check Jon.
>
>As you know your EXISTED dbs cause problem somehow.
>All I know so far, they get page size not 4K but 8K.
>I have not catch yet why.

OK. It has happened on two different machines, so it's a definite
problem. I can send you my app, of course, and you can create the
file using b3 yourself and see why this happens.

Also, it looks like *all* my older databases give the varchar "error"
when diagnosed with b8. They were diagnosed as "OK" with b3, which
makes me think that the diagnosis in b8 may be wrong.

Jon