[ANN] V4RB, V4MD, Vserver MAC 2.3 b8 uploaded

jda jda at his.com
Tue Apr 4 16:46:46 CDT 2006

>Then let me remind that b3 or b4 it seems (?) have introduce SIMPLER
>algorithms for VarChar and VarChar limit to 4K page.
>
>This step have a lots simplify algorithms.
>
>So may be that db was corrupted on old algorithms ?

Hi Ruslan,

I have now tested two other, completely different, databases made
with b3 or earlier. *Both* of them give the same error on diagnose
veryhigh:

DB1:

==========> Field: varCharField , type VarChar
.....> VarCharFile
(!) Total number of records on VarChar pages does not match table's
record count.

Problems found!  ( VarCharFile )

Problems found!  ( Field: varCharField , type VarChar )

DB2:

.....> VarCharFile
(!) Total number of records on VarChar pages does not match table's
record count.

Problems found!  ( VarCharFile )

Problems found!  ( Field: varCharField , type VarChar )

So for me, at least, this particular bug with varChar fields is
causing a lot of problems. Do you think it was fixed in b4 or later?
(I'm testing b8 now, as you know). BTW, one of these databases is the
one I sent you two days ago when b8 could not read any data from
varChar fields.

Jon