Novice questions

Francois H francois.hebert at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:22:29 CDT 2005

Hi.

Small question.
 I show 10000 user name in a Datagrid. (from Table1)

When the user click in a user, I show user sub-infos(multiple field (where
userID =...)from Table2)

What are the fast way to do that?

- Keep the DB open for all the session to save opening time
- Keep a recorset always in memory (from table2) and just make "filter" on
it?
- Can I close a DB and keep a recorset in memory?
- Valentina.shutdown are recommanded after each Db manipulation, or only at
Projector closing?
 Many "novice question"... but it's important to start in the good way!
 Really nice xtra.

Francois
Valentina for Director 2004