V4REV update -- design

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Sep 5 17:20:09 CDT 2005

>No, 8-10 hours to check all our 50 examples.
>Open it, run it, click buttons, check results.

Ahh, I misinterpreted what you wrote.

>New build will be more stable.
>Ivan say no crashes now

Okay, I wait with further testing until it is out.

>Just only I have talk with Ivan, about SQLLite "tutorial".
>Ivan says that huge part of this example just describe general things which
>you can find in any book.

Well, yes, you don't have to repeat what is available elsewhere,
although it is part of the appeal of SQLite tutorial (and this is why
it is a tutorial) that people have all the basic info there. The
tutorial is used mostly by newbies after all. Advanced people use
mostly reference and look at examples. You need to be careful to
distinguish between those two groups, as rough as such a division is.
Comparing a "tutorial" to "reference" makes no sense. And yes, you
need to finish the reference properly first.

>WE ARE READY improve design of scripts to make them correct from Revolution
>point of view. Bu please EXPAIN us why our style is bad also? Ok?

Yes, I even praised the last release. You did listen to us and made
lots of improvements of the examples stack. Great. But now that we
can finally use it, we can see and bring up other deficiencies. The
first to address, I think, to be able to open more than one example
at the same time (which was restricted for a reason that no longer
holds). The issue of a single window per example came about as a
side-effect, or rather as a way to make it possible in a usable way.

>And do this by small steps
>
>Thank you very much guys for your resistance!!! :-)

Resistance? Oppozicija? Saprotivlenje? I think you mean something else :)

Once the next (non-crashing) version is out, I will take some time to
look at the scripts in more detail and send more specific suggestiosn
directly to you and Ivan (to spare the list some traffic :). I have
already noticed that some scripts are repeated in each example stack.
My comment about making easier access to example script still stands.
To address it, just add a button with 'edit script of this cd' or
'edit script of btn "xxx"' in it.

Robert