V4REV

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Sep 2 07:37:25 CDT 2005

On Sep 2, 2005, at 3:11 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> Ok, Ivan think he know where you can get in troubles.
>
> E.g. You do something that return error,
> But script ignore that and continue -> crash
>

> Right now Ivan will add protection which was in VXCMD 1.x
>
>     if DebugLevel > 0 then all dbRef, tblRef, ...
>         will be tested on validness.
>
> In RELEASE of your app, DebugLevel = 0, so this code will not slow
> down you.

Perhaps this is already mentioned in the docs.  I don't think it was
in Valentina 1.x.  I believe this was something that you just had to
figure out.  If it isn't mentioned in the 2.x docs it needs to be in
big bold letters.  The developer needs to be aware that you aren't
validating the values the external receives for speed reasons and
that a crash will occur.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia