V4REV update -- specific methods

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Sep 2 07:31:10 CDT 2005

On Sep 2, 2005, at 1:13 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> OK.  Does Val 2.x support binding?  I know in 1.x binding was
>> supported in RB but not in Rev.  If it is supported in 2.x it would
>> be nice if support for this was available in Rev.
>>

> Please clarify what binding you mean:
>     SQL binding:        WHERE f1 = :1 and f2 = :2
> Or
>     binding to GUI controls
>
> ?

Ruslan,

I was thinking about SQL binding.  You should be able to bind using
variable length parameters:

get V_SomeFunction(dbref, "SELECT * WHERE ID = :1 AND ID2 = :2",
tID2, tID2)

OR using an array which is indexed from 1 to then number of variables
to bind to.

put "someValue" into tArrayA[1]
put "someOtherValue" into tArrayA[2]

get V_SomeFunction(dbref, "SELECT * WHERE ID = :1 AND ID2 = :2",
tArrayA)

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia