V4REV and VComponents on Windows

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 31 13:04:59 CST 2005

On Oct 31, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Ivan Smahin wrote:

> Hello Trevor,
>
> Monday, October 31, 2005, 9:42:15 PM, you wrote:
>
> TD> I'm trying to do some testing on Windows and I thought that I
> could
> TD> put the contents of VComponents_Win_CW into a folder named
> TD> VComponents that resides in the same directory as the executable I
> TD> build with Revolution.
>
> TD> When I try to load my test application the message that is
> displayed is:
>
> TD> "The application has failed to start because
> TD> Kernel_Win32_Final_CW.dll was not found.  Re-installing the
> TD> application may fix the problem."
>
> Check the PATH variable please.

PATH contains the path to the C:\Program Files\Paradigma folder.  Do
I need to explicitly append the path to my VComponents folder for my
app to PATH then?  I guess I was expecting that a VComponents folder
in the same directory as the app would be used.  Perhaps a note could
be added to the Docs (page 5 of the V4REV reference would be a good
place) telling developers to modify the PATH variable if they need to
run from a different location.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia