V4REV on Win98

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 31 12:45:46 CST 2005

On Oct 31, 2005, at 12:01 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 10/31/05 9:44 PM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I just confirmed that V4REV does not work on Windows 98 English.  I
>> created a test project that works on Win XP (after running the
>> Valentina 2 installer).  Loading the same project on Windows 98 fails
>> to load the V4REV external code even after a reboot.
>>
>> So what is the official position of Paradigma on this?  Are you going
>> to work on the Win98 support?  If not, what are the official
>> supported platforms?
>
> * Win2000 and better works AFAIK
>
> * Valentina 1.x works even on win95.
>     may be if you are targeted on so old computers
>     then there is sense to use v1 ?

We don't support Win95, just win98 > for the time being.  We are
looking at moving our app to Unicode so V 1 won't be an option in
this case.  We may end up leaving Win98 behind for our next release.
I'm just trying to figure out what are options are.

> win98 ... Problem is that we do not have right now any computer
> with it.
>     And again, Igor have fight about 2 weeks in August with this
> problem.
>     was no success. We have start think about that Visual NET
> itself produce
>     some wrong executables. Another point I can think about is ICU...

> It needs to think again, just I hate kill so many time and efforts
> on this
> old systems.

I can understand that.  I guess what I would really like is a
decision on what platforms V2 supports.  As a developer I shouldn't
be left guessing what platforms are supported by a product.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com