V4REV and VComponents on Windows

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 31 11:42:15 CST 2005

I'm trying to do some testing on Windows and I thought that I could
put the contents of VComponents_Win_CW into a folder named
VComponents that resides in the same directory as the executable I
build with Revolution.

When I try to load my test application the message that is displayed is:

"The application has failed to start because
Kernel_Win32_Final_CW.dll was not found.  Re-installing the
application may fix the problem."

Should this technique work?  Or do the files have to be in the C:
\Program Files\Paradigma... folder?

I am testing this on a machine that I ran the V4REV2 installer on,
but then renamed the C:\Program Files\Paradigma in order to test if
VComponents folder would be found in the executable folder.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com