[VREV] showing results

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Thu Oct 6 16:39:35 CDT 2005

Hi Ivan, Ruslan,

Thanks for your reply. I will try the suggestions you gave for showing
the results. I am currently trying to adapt the examples from the
example folder which looks very similar to what you have suggested.

On Oct 6, 2005, at 4:16 PM, Ivan Smahin wrote:
> You could use something like this:
>   put VDatabase_SqlSelect(dbRef,theSQL) into cursref
>   put VCursor_FieldCount( cursref ) into fldCount
>   put VCursor_RecordCount( cursref ) into rowCount
>
>   repeat with i = 1 to rowCount
>     repeat with j = 1 to fldCount
>       put VCursor_Field( cursref, j ) into fldRef
>       put VField_Value( fldRef ) into fldValue
>
>     end repeat
>
>     get VCursor_NextRecord(inCursorRef)
>   end repeat

> The problem is to send UTF-coded string to the V4REV extra(plugin).
> Actually  the Revolution's external-SDK is "char-pointer-string based".
> So the only way for now - to do it like IOEncoding example shows.

I hope Rev can get this fixed and working properly in the near future.
Their implementation of unicode does not feel 'natural' at all. It
works for many things but has several other significant shortcomings.
Now I know another one.
I understand that this is not Val's problem. I will look at the
IOEncoding example.

Thanks
Ron