Finder icon display bug in OS X 10.4.3

jda jda at his.com
Tue Nov 1 17:38:16 CST 2005

Hi Ruslan,

I've just installed 10.4.3 update, and there seems to be a new icon
display problem with Valetina.

If you clone a database with a custom icon

         sourceDB.Clone(fNew, true)
         fNew.MacCreator = "MYCR"
         fNew.MacType = "MYDB"

the cloned db either has a blank icon or the Valentina icon!

This is a Finder refresh problem, because if you quit the Finder the
icon diplays correctly when the Finder restarts.

Valentina is resetting the creator/type to VALA/Vdsc apparently when
it clones instead of keeping the metadata in the file. That's
confusing the Finder (in 10.4.3 anyway, it was OK before).

Can ou have Valentina keep the assigned file type and creator when
cloning? I think this will get around this problem.

Thanks.

Jon