Escapestring not escaping ^

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Nov 2 00:01:25 CST 2005

>>> I looked in the RB docs and didn't see any info on this...is there
>>>  any? I mean, docs that tell use the features of the LIKE search that
>>>  Valentina supports?
>>
>> Valentina SQL.pdf
>>

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Wow, there's not much info there, is there?

Strange, we will check.

> OK, I'll have to experiment. I have noticed that you cannot do this
> search with LIKE:
>
> '%%%' //trying to find %

> But it works if escaped:
>
> '%\%%'

But this is right

> You mentioned before that LIKE searches don't need escaping (other
> than ', I guess) but obviously they do.

No no. you misunderstood.

    ValentinaEscape() escapes only ' and \

But you AS USER should escape control characters.

BTW, may be you can just use BINDING to avoid this escape problem at all?

    WHERE (fld LIKE :1)

> Can you (or Ivan) please tell me what other characters need to be
> escaped for LIKE searches? (I'll do it manually, since you think
> escapeString shouldn't do very much).

LIKE use only 2 control characters:

    %  - any characters

    _   any one character