Escapestring not escaping ^

jda jda at his.com
Tue Nov 1 10:44:27 CST 2005

>If you look into BBEdit or CodeWarrior or Xcode or Visual C++
>     (tools which I use each day)
>
>Then you will see that search dialog looks as
>
>         Find        [.................]
>
>         Do RegEx    [x]
>

>So IF I want and I know how to use REGEX, I click checkbox.
>Otherwise work simple search.

These are all developer-savvy apps, Ruslan. I write a consumer app.
That's a BIG difference. My app hides lots of complexity behind a
friendly interface.

FWIW, I use Regex simply to do case-insensitive non-indexed searches
for "characters" (the fields are indexed, too, for other kinds of
searches, like "word beginning with" and "whole word"). As I said,
I'll see if LIKE works well enough for this purpose.

Jon