Damaged dbs when killing app in debugger

jda jda at his.com
Tue May 31 08:01:26 CDT 2005

>  > I do a flush right before the import, and a flush right after the
>>  import (if there is more than one record, I flush after every 500).
>
>It is not important that you do it before import
>Import itself do writes
>
>>  So why is the database getting corrupted? Do I have to flush after
>>  *every* record is imported? That would certainly slow things down a
>>  lot...
>
>Ah, you have own import ?
>
>You can flush after each 100 or 1000 imported records.

I flush after every 500 right now (and after the last one). But
usually people import 1 or 2 at a time. What can I do, if anything,
to prevent corruption (other than, I suppose, creating a db in RAM,
import to that, and then transferring to the real database, which
might work but I image would be pretty slow)?

Jon