[V4RB] Problem with fc3

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Sat May 28 05:25:00 CDT 2005

On 5/28/05 1:43 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> So it crashes in strlen(), because it was passed NULL pointer.
>
> Igor, you have ideas where we call fprintf() ?
> May be ZIP library do this ???
>
> Igor, try the next idea:
>     try compress NULL pointer data.
>
> If will be crash then just add protection from NULL pointer.

I discovered that it is not a particular record that causes the crash, but
rather the memory used as fc3 runs. With the compressor turned on, Valentina
consumes RAM at an alarming rate. For example, my project uses about 90 MB
without the compressor, and remains in that range even after hours. But with
the compressor, the RAM usage keeps climbing. I finally quit my app after it
hit 600 MB.