[ANN] V4RB 2.0.4fc2 uploaded

Sims, John ayu8 at cdc.gov
Thu May 26 08:02:25 CDT 2005

kernel - 2.0.4
==============
- 0000754: [API] REQUEST: add a Alert when I add a linkRecord and the
same link is does exist (Ivan Smahin)

Hi Ruslan,

I'm not really sure I understand the usefulness for this request/new
feature.  It seems to me that if I want to link two records (we'll call
them 1 and 2) and a link already exists between 1 and 2 that Valentina
should just leave the existing link intact and ignore my request (thus
maintaining uniqueness).  If this were the case, I would not really care
if they were already linked or not as, in the end, all I really care
about is that records 1 and 2 are linked.  If I want to know ahead of
time if I have already linked these two records, I could just use the
new Vlink.IsLinked function.  In my opinion, raising an exception forces
me to add more overhead to my application to trap this "error" thus
slowing my application down (it has been documented earlier that the
REALbasic exception handler does slow processing down).

Perhaps I am the only one who sees it like this.  Anyone else have any
comments?

Thanks, as always!

-John