Date/DateTime values "not prepared for update" -- bug #808

Erik Mueller-Harder valentina-list at vermontsoftworks.com
Mon May 23 11:43:12 CDT 2005

Hi, Ruslan --

I was thrilled finally to get my hands on 2.0.4fc1, which was finally
going to fix #770 -- where new database constructed via the "class
way" were always marked as read-only.

It's true that the database's IsReadOnly flag is now properly False,
and I can add new records properly (thank you!).  However...

I still cannot update records, because any time I attempt to call
UpdateRecord in a record that contains a Date or DateTime field, I
generate a VException #525582:

     Field "[fieldname]": value was not prepared for Update

I've modified the DateTime_Format example database (mis-named, by the
way, since it deals only with Dates, not DateTimes!) to demonstrate
the problem.

I really hope you'll be able to fix this *and* release an update soon
-- I've been dead in the water since I reported bug #770.  (Every one
of my tables contains DateTime fields for Create and Modify date/
timestamps.)

Many thanks!

-- Erik