[ANN] V4RB 2.0.4 fc1 uploaded

jda jda at his.com
Sun May 22 13:47:09 CDT 2005

Ruslan, this bug is not really fixed:

0000738: [SQL Parser] REGEX find for { -> assertion failure (Serge)

I have this code:

escapedWordToFind = Valentina.EscapeString(wordToFind, true)

If wordToFind = { it is not escaped (it is returned as {, not \{).
When I do a REGEX search with it -> assertion failure.

There are then TWO bugs:

1. { should be escaped (or the REGEX codes fixed so that it does not
require escaping).

2. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GET RID OF THOSE DAMN ASSERTION FAILURES.
I've complained about these forever! An SQL exception should be
thrown. Assertion failures bring up the SIOUX window a require a
force-quit. So, in essence they crash our apps.

Thanks,

Jon