We need assistance on RB2005 + V4RB2 // b10 is better

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 21 14:34:38 CDT 2005

On 5/21/05 2:21 AM, "David Grogono" <dave at realsoftware.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I have download b10. This is what I see.

1) if I compile into plugin folder debug version of plugin,
    i.e. I get 2 files V4RB and V4R.xSYM

Then during compilation REALBasic b10 again show dialog about function
conflict but complain on .xSYM fie ?!?!?

      File:       V4RB.xSYM

This sounds like REALbaic try load EACH file in plugins folder as pluign.
So please check this point. Try build on your side DEBUG version of any
plugin. May be enough drop into plugins folder any non-plugin file.

2) WHEN I have compile RELEASE of plugin, then WOW. I was able run few
examples and they work.

    Jon, please close your report on REAL site about EscapeString.
    I have found problem in our code.

So I have good words about RB 2005 that it have found few errors that RB
5.5. Did not see.

In the same time I see strange problems with how RB2005 works with LOCKED
files. It seems if I open LOCKED project and do later SAVE then RB make file
READWRITE but still complain that file is locked.