Cache

jda jda at his.com
Sat May 14 09:34:02 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan,

I have found that the database cache needs to be a *lot* larger in V2
than V1 for the same amount of data. I assume that's because the
stored information for me (mostly text) is UTF-16.

My question is, when we get UTF-8 storage, with the cache
requirements go down? Or will the cache still be populated with
UTF-16?

Also, on a related note, I've found that in some cases having too
little cache -> crashes (e.g. 4 MB of cache not being enough for 7000
records). This never happened in V1.x -- performance just became
unacceptable. Is this an issue you are aware of? Or do you want
examples?

Jon