documentation (was: default values)

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sat May 7 02:21:41 CDT 2005

>  > No wonder the Acrobat search function did not find anything. One has
>>  to either know that VTable.CreateField() is CreateStringField(),
>>  CreateVarCharField(), etc, to search for them specifcally or has to
>>  browse the doc to find "working with database structure" section and
>>  figure out that the methods discussed there mean VTable.CreateField()
>>  elsewhere.
>
>:-) Robert,
>
>But if you new to product then you do not know about CreateField also.

I was looking for it, because I read about it in section about
creating tables. So it is quite a likely scenario for a new user as
well. Since the doc has 100 pages, using search function seems
logical to locate specific items.

>You have try to find what you know from 1.x
>And you have fail, because we have no set of methods.

I have never bothered to read kernel doc for 1.x except looking up a
few specific items a couple of times. I regularly use the
environment-specific doc only. All the essential info is repeated
there and in a format easier for processing.

Robert