Valentina documentation

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 6 15:38:14 CDT 2005

On 5/6/05 3:26 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

Hi Robert,

Yes, Valentina Kernel document is going to be splinted to few documents
Or to have several parts:

    Theory
    API Description

API description still will go by RB/Java style.
I think this is the best style which mirror Valentina conceptions.

> I just looked more thoroughly at Valentina's documentation, trying to
> follow up on the new V2 features. It strikes me that the kernel
> document is heavily using C++ or RB syntax when explaining different
> things.
>
> I wonder whether it would not be a good time for Paradigma to
> reshuffle the structure of documentation: make kernel doc more of a
> technology overview, focusing on general features, capabilities,
> restrictions, whereas moving all the  implementation aspects to
> guides for specific products, so they can be presented and discussed
> using the syntax and examples appropriate for each environment.

I still think that API Description based on some ABSTRACTION layer also can
be good...may be I am wrong.

> I do realize that this would mean greater duplication of some things
> than now,

Exactly. You should understand that it will be very hard as develop so keep
in synchronization several big documents for different languages.