Setblank and Update

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Mar 25 11:16:45 CST 2005

On 3/25/05 10:14 AM, "Olivier" <vidal_olivier at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan and list,
>
> The new parameter of "setblank" must be used according to if we make
> "Add" or "Update".
> Nevertheless, I believed that Setlank must NOT be used for "update" ?

Hi Oliver,

1) I will ask to use this very careful for now.

2) we have 3 setBlanks()

    in Table, in Field, in Cursor.
    btw, I am not sure that all 3 have this parameter already.

3) in fact, I can do setBlank() update.
    may be I want clear all fields in record?  :-)
    but yes this is rare case.

Use it simply as always   SetBlank()

And ONLY in the busy loops with AddRecord()
you can wish to use forAdd

If you do SINGLE AddRecord() there is no big sense to use it

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com