Q to all: V4RB, V4MD Exmaples, should be in the same archive ?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue Mar 22 15:56:54 CST 2005

>On 3/22/05 4:05 PM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
>wrote:
>
>>  Yes it's a disputable question, but I use some other xtra like
>>  cXtraStringGrid etc. and I've seen that is more common to separate the
>>  download from the example... I think for the future xtra upgrade also.
>
>Well, we can change this later.
>
>Hmm, well, it is possible add on left side link Examples.
>
>     What other people thin ?

New people will likely want to download all what is available,
although I can imagine potential users wanting to look at examples
even before downloading software. Current users are likely to be more
selective. Anyone who used one or two version is not likely to need
to redownload examples and keeping the examples out of installer will
make the download a tad smaller.

So yes, I do not see a problem to have a separate link for examples.
The docs are already separated anyway.

To make new users happy, you would need to have a full installer
package that includes not only examples but all the manuals.

On the other hand, I would prefer all downloadable items related to a
given product to be on the same page (aside from beta stuff). I mean
all the installers, then documentation, and examples. Having to go to
another page to fetch documentation is an extra and not justified
step. Call me lazy :)

Robert