accessing an open database

jda jda at his.com
Mon Mar 21 18:36:11 CST 2005

>Please explain again.
>
>You have in the app SINGLE db object, yes?

yes. a database.

>And each thread share this object ?

they can (I'd like that).

But for now I'd be happy if each thread would just wait until the
thread before it was finished. And then open the database.

>Or each thread create own db object ?

No, each thread opens an existing db (a file).

And yes, I get a -61 error on this line

myCursor = myDatabase.SQLSelect("select *,** from thereferences
  where " + searchString, EVCursorLocation.kServerSide,
EVLockType.kNolocks)

This is after I've opened a database in use by looping, and waiting
for the -61 error to go away on this line

myDatabase.open(f) -- f is the database folderitem.

Jon