accessing an open database

jda jda at his.com
Mon Mar 21 17:18:18 CST 2005

Hi,

I still don't see the best way to deal with this situation, so I'll ask again.

The problem: I am allowing folks to search databases via the
Internet. I have threaded HTTPSockets that do the searching, format
the results, and send them back. Importantly, the access is
read-only. The issue at hand is that each db is opened when a search
is initiated and closed when it is finished. If a db is already open
and I try to open the file again (myDatabase.open(f) -> exception).

Suggestions are welcome.

Jon