[V4RB] 2.0.4fc11 Vfield.FindDistinct Crashes on empty table

Sims, John ayu8 at cdc.gov
Wed Jun 29 08:18:14 CDT 2005

Hi Ruslan and list.

In my application, calling Vfield.FindDistinct on an empty table is
resulting in a hard crash.  No exception gets raised.  If the table has
at least one record in it, Vfield.FindDistinct does not crash and seems
to be working fine.  The field is of type VVarChar.  I have not tried it
with other field types.  I am able to work around it by checking
Vtable.RecordCount first so this is not a showstopper but it definitely
shouldn't hard crash.

Can anybody else verify this?  I'm going to go ahead and put this into
Mantis.  If it appears to be just me, then I can always close it or send
Ruslan my project.

-John Sims