testing

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Jun 29 11:54:11 CDT 2005

>On 6/29/05 1:12 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
>>  Well, may be Paradigma should consider setting one up. For example,
>>  the V4REV examples have a switch to run locally or as a client. I
>>  suspect same is true for other environments. The client mode could by
>>  default connect to your demo server to run the server-based examples.
>
>Robert,
>
>And how you image this will work ???

The how part is yours. You might want indeed to put a few
restrictions to protect the service.

>Many developers touch the same server.

Why not?

>Create dbs with the same names and the same tables.

Even if, then so? And they can use their own custom prefix.

>And if developer do not have inet connection,

that is their problem.

>Or if it is slow...

Same.

>I think this is not good idea.

The idea is to create a sandbox environment. Anyone can play but the
environment restores itself (auto or manually) to clean slate once a
while. Go to

http://moodle.org/course/category.php?id=5

and check out teacher's hands-on-playground and to

http://demo.moodle.com

to check out the same service from administrator side.

It is a MySQL-based service but the principle is the same. Everyone
logs in with the same userid and can do whatever they want there.
There are always a few people using these in parallel.

Robert