paradigma store glitches

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Jun 28 21:00:24 CDT 2005

Hi Robert,

> The fact that Oregon has no sales tax may not preclude you
> from having to collect it, although you may be in fact
> exempted. However, all online vendors I shop with in the US
> collect European VAT nowadays. It's not a coincidence but a
> result of some agreement between the US and EU.

Various EU member states have required for several years now that
transactions with their citizens requires a vendor, no matter where, to
collect VAT, but that does not necessarily bind businesses with no local
presence. There have been a few vague threats towards the US regarding
protection of intellectual property, but my understanding is that its fallen
on deaf ears -- the commander in chief seems preoccupied with other things.

> An invoice, actually purchase receipt, is a must for some of
> us to file with taxes (I actually have to make a copy of all
> my invoices and pass them to tax accountant). A web-based
> form as Digital River does it or an email like Kagi does it would do.

Right. Until we can get that implemented, we can produce a PDF receipt for
anyone who requires it.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network