[V4MD] Win 2.0.4fc9 xtra version info

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun Jun 26 16:33:48 CDT 2005

>On 6/24/05 1:39 AM, "info at vallemediatime.com" <info at vallemediatime.com>
>wrote:
>
>>  Hi Ruslan,
>>  what Sean remembers is right.
>
>Igor,
>
>PLEASE !!!
>
>EACH time when you build V4MD WIN change VERSION !
>

>>  And I remember you to add version number and date in the first page of next
>>  docs, also. :-)
>
>Change docs is not acceptable :-)
>
>--
>Best regards,
>
>Ruslan Zasukhin

Ruslan, considering a multitude of builds for each version, may be
you should start reporting a build number besides version. Like V4RB2
2.0.3 build 56 or V4REV 2.0.3b5 build 23. I don't find you using fc
or r designation clear in general. This would make it simpler to know
whether your newest fixes are in a given download (sometimes you post
2 or even 3 within a single day).

I don't think the other poster means to keep changing software
version in docs for each build. I read it as the docs themselves
should be dated and have their own version.  This is not a new
request and I second it again. For example

   Valentina 2

   for [product name]

   document version 1.0.1
   last updated for [product name] [minor release version]

You may not see it this way, but since the docs are not part of the
software distribution, they are a product on their own so do speak.

Actually, even more useful would be version-stamping each function
independently. Check out the Rev docs to see what I mean -- for each
function or property, they state in which version of the product it
was introduced and in which it was changed. That allows us to quickly
know whether it is available in a given version we use or which
syntax to use without having to scavenge the release notes. That
would make going through changes like adding extra parameters for
SqlSelect call (in version 1.9.8) less painful for both customers and
Paradigma.

Robert